This year, on Tuesday, November 29, 2016, Tikkun Ha-Ir is participating in #GivingTuesday, a global day dedicated to giving.
Last year, more than 45,000 organizations in 71 countries came together to celebrate #GivingTuesday. Since its founding in 2012, #GivingTuesday has inspired giving around the world, resulting in greater donations, volunteer hours, and activities that bring about real change in communities.
We invite you to join the movement and to help get out the give to the Milwaukee Community this November 29. Some ideas include:
All gifts are appreciated! Some suggestions:
- $54 = 3 gift bags for people living in shelters at Christmas
- $100 = 50 adult & children’s summer outfits through the Glean Machine
- $250 = 2 weeks of fresh produce delivered to meal sites next summer and fall
- $500 = 6 weeks of the Chop Shop which prepares fresh produce for easy usage at meal sites and food pantries
- $1000 = 4 learning programs that create a Jewish context for our programs
- Donate online or by mail: P.O. Box 090287, Milwaukee, WI 53209
Sort and pack holiday gift bags for those in living in homeless shelters
DATES: Sunday, December 11 -Friday, December 23rd
SHIFTS will be approx 2 hours in length between 10am and 4pm
CONTACT Karen Royster with any questions and for sorting & packing location: 414-426-4473 or firstname.lastname@example.org
It’s Not To Late to Donate The Following Items:
- Children’s books
- Socks (men/women/children)
- Recyclable tote bags
Learn more on www.thi-milwaukee.org or contact Karen Royster or Sami Stein Avner for drop off sites.
Thank you for your support!
James Hagen Sami Stein Avner
President Executive Director