Contact Sami Stein Avner, firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up
1. Holiday Gifts for the Homeless Drive: November 17-Dec 17
Each winter, Tikkun Ha-Ir member congregations collect and distribute holiday gifts to families in homeless shelters or crisis programs. Please participate in this act of love and tzedakah to the many families in poverty. Your donation makes a real difference!
- Pick a gift request from the Giving Channukiah: Area synagogues will have a large channukiah out with candles that include a wish list for one of several age groups. Pick up the designated items and drop them back off UNWRAPPED at the synagogue or BBYO offices (at the JCC).
Congregation Emanu-El Bne Jeshurun
Congregation Beth Israel Ner Tamid
Lake Park Synagogue
Congregation Shir Hadash
BBYO is also a drop off site
|Ages 0-3||Knitwear (mittens, gloves, hats, scarves), stuffed animals, soft balls, picture books, socks|
|Ages 4-6||Knitwear, hoodies, games, puzzles, stuffed animals, books, socks|
|Ages 7-10||Knitwear, hoodies, games, puzzles, stuffed animals, books, socks|
|Ages 11-14||Knitwear, hoodies, earbuds, books, body wash, socks|
|Ages 15+||Knitwear, hoodies, earbuds, books, body wash, socks|
|Adults||Knitwear, hoodies, personal care items (wet wipes, Kleenex packs, body wash), socks|
- Donate funds to support THI purchasing these needed items: donate directly to fulfill needs for a specific type of gift.
- Do a team project: Get friends and family together to focus on collection of 1 or 2 particular items, like knitwear, socks or books.
Tikkun Ha-Ir Ongoing Efforts:
Monthly Meals at Cathedral Center
- Do you like to cook? Prepare food at home and help us serve every first Monday of the month to families and women at the Cathedral Center, a non-sectarian homeless shelter. Contact Robin Benedon at 414-333-7093
- Solomon Community Temple Free Thanksgiving Dinner 3-6pm, November 23
- Congregation Shalom Christmas Day volunteering, Monday, December 25th
Join a Committee
We run programs throughout the year and are always look for help. If you have an expertise you want to share, please fill out our volunteer interest form to tell us more about you.
Contact Sami at email@example.com or 414-501- 3618 for more information.