Due to COVID-19, the Community Passover Food Drive (Ma’ot Chittim) has made changes to the food collection and distribution. Please note the changes below. Updated 3/24
A joint effort of:
- Coalition for Jewish Learning & Jewish Community Relations Council, programs of the Milwaukee Jewish Federation
- Harry & Rose Samson Family Jewish Community Center
- Hillel Milwaukee
- Jewish Community Pantry
- Jewish Family Services
- Ovation Communities
- Rabbi Scheinfeld Maos Chitim Fund
- Salinsky Program to Feed the Hungry
- Tikkun Ha-Ir of Milwaukee
- Wisconsin Council of Rabbis
520 individuals and families served in 2019. Allows all to observe Passover and have a seder.
When and Where:
Collection: March 15 – March 30, 2020 One location: Congregation Emanu-El B’ne Jeshurun (2020 W Brown Deer Rd, River Hills)
Collection receptacle will be located outside.
Distribution: Sunday, April 5, 2020 from 10 am – 12 pm at multiple distribution sites. You MUST sign up or have someone do it on your behalf so we know how to get you your bag. Distribution will happen two ways:
- At 3 neighborhood drop off sites
- Through delivery to your home or designated address via volunteer
USE THIS LINK TO SIGN UP FOR EITHER OPTION: https://tinyurl.com/PassoverMKE2020
Locations for Drop off:
- North Shore – Congregation Sinai, 8223 N Port Washington Rd
- Downtown/Eastside – Renaissance Place, 1451 N Prospect Ave
- West Side – Beth Jehudah, 3100 N 52nd St, 53216
- Purchase extra matzot, grape juice, canned gefilte fish, matzo ball/soup mix (must be kosher for Passover)2.
- Monetary donations made out to “JCC Community Passover Food Drive Project”
Mail to Community Passover Food Drive Project, 6225 N. Santa Monica Blvd., Milwaukee, WI 53217 or donation online at tinyurl.com/PassoverFood2020.
Sami Stein Avner (414) 501-3618 Sami@thi-milwaukee.org