Tikkun Ha-Ir seeks a part-time Development & Administration Associate to support the growing efforts of engagement and action. This position supports the Executive Director, Program Director, and Jewish Educator/Interfaith Organizer, and averages 8-10 hours/week. Much of the work will be done from home, with some in-person hours required. Hours are flexible based on the needs of the organization. Occasional weekends and evenings required.
The ideal applicant will be comfortable interacting with the Jewish community and is a strong communicator in various settings. They will be attentive to detail and be comfortable using online database platforms and social media. Ability to handle confidential materials is a must. Looking for a self-starter who is effective at prioritizing and adaptable to different situations.
- Support the creation and distribution of marketing and fundraising materials, including newsletters and paper correspondence.
- Retrieve mail and manage the receipt and processing of weekly donations including sending donor acknowledgements and tribute cards.
- Assist the Executive Director with the timeline and delivery of fundraising materials.
- Steward new donors to strengthen their relationship with Tikkun Ha-Ir.
- Assist Executive Director, Program Director and Jewish Educator with program and event logistics, materials, and supplies.
- Develop systems to streamline administration and improve organizational efficiency.
- Support communications with the Board and Leadership Council.
- Support data collection, including tracking budget expenses, program metrics and documentation of events in the database (training provided).
- Support marketing efforts by updating the website, posting on social media and managing pages and groups.
Qualifications and Skills needed:
- The ideal candidate for this job is resourceful, organized and detail oriented as well as a good problem solver.
- 1-2 years relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Ability to multitask and pivot task priority as needed.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite, Excel and PDFs is a plus.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Valid driver’s license
Hours: 8-10 hours per week
Rate: $18-20 dependent on experience